Monday, February 14, 2011

Astar Scrabble Challenge International 2011

Hi guys, finally I am back in Singapore after 2 grueing days of competition with the pros at the University of Melaya inside Dewan Tunku Canselor, the competiton venue for both the Inter-School and Inter-Varsity categories. Home Sweet Home.
The trip to the University of Melaya was quite rushing as Wei Bin, Li Wei, Kian Boon, Goutham and I had to cab there since the train that we took from the train station arrived later than expected at around 8am at the destination.
After reaching the University of Melaya, 1 of the runners escorted us in a car to our hostel where we kept our belongings and get ourselves prepared in a few minutes and rushed back to the competition venue again.
1st day aint too bad considering 4 wins out of 7 games played. The whole day 1 ended at around 8pm and we had our dinner before Goutham and I took the bus back to our hostel to rest at around 9.40pm.
There were some funny things that happened during 2nd day but we managed to wake up in time because of them and got to the competiton venue for our last 5 matches of the day. 2nd day was not too bad either considering that I had no blanks at all against my opponents. In the last game, I just got kicked out of the top 20 by my opponent Nut from Thailand.
I think I need more exposure to the international scene considering this is my 2nd international tourney after my WYSC 2009. I need to develop some strategies in winning and devote myself to intense studying of bingoes words and other basic word families as well.
Thereafter, Goutham and I had to rush to Berjaya Square to get our tickets to board the bus that Goutham had booked online. It was pouring, raining cats and dogs and we only managed to hail the taxi since the 1st taxi was not available to going that direction.
The whole process of finding the counter was seriously tedious and tiring and I even had a fall when we rushed back to the bus after I had bought my dinner from KFC. Seriously nobody would have expected the counter to be hidden right under the bridge and the design of the bridge was like...if you went up one way you had to go down the other way. You have no way of reversing and you will have to go inside the shopping centre and come out again before you can actually go to the same spot again.
The bus was quite comfy and we actually could watch 1.5 movies considering the 2nd one being shown halfway and lagging all the way until we had reached our checkpoints for Malaysia Checkpoint and Tuas Checkpoint.
Subsequently, we alighted at Kallang and took a taxi back home after I had bought some instant noodles and sandwiches to eat. These 2 days were really tiring and interesting and I have learnt a lot of things as well.
It is 3.15am after finishing this post and later at 9am I am having my 1st day of EMRS, the last stopover for TEP! HURRAY! Let's hope this last lap will be fruitful and exciting one:)


>It's all about SPORTSMANSHIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment