Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Proactive?!

I realised my last post was on Saturday, but there is nothing much to post recently. This post reflects all the thoughts and feelings I have recently.
I have just shifted my sleeping hours recently. I am beginning to sleep earlier and earlier now. I want to develop my body clock this way to be in top form for everything that I do. These few weeks are "projects clearing" and there is not much time to rest. Every minute and every hour is used to do project work, tutorials and studying for tests and E quizzes.
Today's lessons are the longest of the week. First up was the Accounting for Assets lecture. I dont know why but I always seem lucky enough to be called by the lecturer. I could not answer because I did not attend the lecture previously. This is not the point but I am seriously weak at this subject. I need to put in more effort. Next up was Accounting for Assets tutorial. I received my second warning letter but previously I had already talked to Ms Janice Law about this issue and she said that I am still safe but I cannot miss any more lesson and I will not. Principles of Management lecture is fine but I nearly fell asleep lol.
After that I went to the timezone to play and I saw the warrior guy. I think I know his name and his name should be Paul. He taught me some advanced combos which I find hard to learn or even to accomodate. I did not play with him today because he was busy playing Pinball lol. Later on Wei Cong came and played with me. I won his Leo and then the warrior guy came and see our game. He pointed out my mistake and demonstrated to me by using my card to play against Wei Cong. Because of him I have additional 4 wins lol. Wei Cong improved quite a lot especially in his side step skill. Practice will definitely make perfect. This sentence is definitely true to the core.
While observing how Paul used his character, I realised that I am just not proactive enough. In a matter of fact I am not proactive at anything. This is something that I should change to improve. Actually a simple fighting game like tekken 6 can reflect the attitudes or behaviours of certain people, just like it has reflected mine. I have the heart to learn and I am going to master my characters no matter what. As for my studies I will be more proactive as well. I will start studying. Slacking is just not the way to live. It is just scrimping by.
In the meantime, I am reading my slides in preparation for tomorrow's statistics project presentation....

No comments:

Post a Comment