Sunday, January 24, 2010
Totally screwed up like nothing...
This post is for 23 January 2010 and I am posting it at 2.15 sharp.
Scrabble Millenium Cup is held today and tomorrow. Goutham and I agreed to meet at 8am at Yishun Mrt Station to go to the Bishan Heights Rc.He was late by ten minutes and we went on the mrt towards Bishan area. Obviously we did not know where the Bishan Heights Rc is and we went on the wrong direction from the Bishan Mrt Station. We were walking all the way to Simei Mrt Station without knowing anything. We saw Raffles Instituition and we were just wondering why it was here. I thought it was at Queenstown?
On the way, we kept on asking people for directions but they did not know how to go. Why does people who stays in their own districts not know the way to a nearby place? In the end, we finally met one jogger and asked him for the road. He said that if we were to continue proceeding towards the Bishan Heights Rc, we would be late for sure and the travelling distance is 2km. He said 2 click.
What can I say about taxi drivers? Arent they supposed to know the road very well? The taxi driver that Goutham and I kanna did not know the way to the Bishan Heights Rc and he had to stop and ask for directions. The funny thing next was we reached Block 188 which the Bishan Heights Rc is located at and we could not find it. Why is this so? The whole place located inside a bomb shelter! No wonder we could not find it.
Today's games were sort of strange as I won most of my games before lunch and lost all after lunch. I won 3 games out of 7. So far I had the highest word but it was nothing because it was not going to determine whether you will get the top. Goutham won 4 games out of 7 though. He always performs better than me. Today I won him with high word "rezones" for 114 points. That is enough I guess.
Goutham's father came to fetch us after the whole competition at 5.34pm. What can I say about his father? I can say that his father is very smart and especially, street smart. He can find the place so easily whereas we are like having extreme difficulty finding the place. In the car he taught us how to look for directions using road directory. Haha am I supposed to bring road directory everytime I go for a particular competition? This is a good question to ponder over.
Goutham's father let me alight at the Yio Chu Kang Mrt Station. I took the mrt all the way to Toa Payoh Mrt Station and then went to took bus 155 to Zamir's house. What can I say? Bus 155 requires you to wait for at least 30 minutes and then you need to pass by a lot of stations to reach Zamir's house. I thought I was missing when I had not reach Zamir's house because it took quite a long long time.
When I reached Zamir's house, he was ready to go and he brought along his nephew and his sister as well to the bbq party.
We walked all the way to the bus station before his elder brother decided to bring us to Yefeng's farm. His brother treated me to coca coala which I was very appreciative of. His brother joked a lot and was quite a humorous joker but I realised that he smokes a lot as well. For someone like me that loathes smoking a lot obviously cannot bear it but what choice do I have? I am quite appreciative of the fact that he brought us to the farm though.
Today Yefeng is finally 18 years old. Happy Birthday! His couples of secondary school friend came as well. The barbecue session was fun and I ate a lot haha. I am rather happy and full. To the end of the bbq party they tried to throw everyone in to the prawns pond and luckily I was not thrown in though haha.
A lot of people had left and I was waiting for Zamir's brother to fetch me to the mrt station or something. In the end, his brother could not fetch and I had to end up going home myself. The time was 11.30 pm already. I saw Michelle at another bus station so I went to join her. When we reached the Pasir Ris Mrt Station, the Mrt service had already ended! We could only go and search for direct bus back home but there was not any that could send us directly back home. In the end, Michelle and I just had to hail for a taxi. While waiting for the taxi, I just called to ask my parents whether they can fetch me back because I knew they would be pissed if I took a taxi home because the charges were just so expensive. In the end, they told me so many nonsensical stuffs that made me really pissed. They told me that I should just stay over at my friend's house, or take a direct bus back home. They even approached on issues such as trustworthiness of friends and all sorts. In the end, they just hung up the phone.
We waited till 12.44pm and finally was on the way back. Michelle took the taxi to go home and she offered me to go with her as well. Then when we reached her place she helped me to check for any bus back to Yishun. There was not any and I could only go back to Ang Mok Kio bus interchange at the most. Well that is a good choice too. I took the bus back to Ang Mo Kio bus interchange. The whole bus service had ended and I had no choice but to walk home. My parents then called me to fetch me home. Initially I was really pissed off by what they had said earlier and I actually wanted to walk home no matter the distance. The problem is I have Scrabble competition tomorrow and I think the best idea is to reach home as fast as I can. There is really no point arguing with them and be angry with them at this point of time so I just decided for them to fetch. They came and reached at around 1.32 am and we were back home at 2am sharp.
The first thing I did when I reached home was to go and bathe. Then I started writing this post.....
Ls: It is always better to depend on yourself rather than depending on others.
Ls: Sometimes it will be better to think ahead of certain situations and we might be able to avoid the misfortunes.
Ls: I hate last minute decisions or backouts. Fuck.
Ls: Taxi drivers are never to be trusted and never ever ever.
Ls: Embrace yourself because there will be more unfortunate things happening.
Thanks/Wishes
>Happy Birthday Yefeng!
>Thanks Michelle for all the adventure lol!
>Thanks to the organisers of the Barbeque party because it was simply the best and the most wonderful one.:)
>Thanks Justin for all the small little tips haha.
>Sorry Muqin for torching your tender finger! One good thing is you will not forget me in the future lol. Just joking. Thanks for the best wishes for tomorrow competition although I think I will not make it knowing how tired I am. Thanks alot!
>Thanks Da Jie for all the drinks and food offered to me. Haha I like your service!
>Thanks Zamir's brother for fetching. Haiya....
>Thanks Zamir for all the nonsense...
>Thanks to everyone that was present for the bbq party and make it such a pleasant one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment